Fishing is flying at Lochmahon Lakes. In early March we stocked the specimen Carp lake with 180 Carp from 6 to 10 lbs and 8 Carp averaging 20 lbs. The Match lake which already has some fine Tench, Rudd, Roach and Carp has been stocked with an additional 1000 1 lb to 2 lb Carp. The Fly lake has been stocked with an additional 100 2/3 kilo Rainbows. Our new tackle shop has a good range of tackle and baits from leading brands including Airflo, Fox, Ngt, Korum, Preston, Matrix, Dynamite and CC Moore. Fly fishermen can now fly fish on the Match lake.
Carp Lake Fishing Rules
- All species of fish are strictly catch and release only.
- Keep within your designated swim area.
- Vacate your peg promptly by the designated time.
- Day 10 am. to 8 pm. Night 8 pm to 10 am.
- No homemade method mix, bait or bread.
- No keepnets, barbless hooks only.
- Unhooking mats must be used: available to purchase if required.
- Night fishing: Low lum lights only, no loud talking, music or noise. Quiet please…
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please leave the lake clean and tidy
- Map of swims and peg numbers below —–
- Bring all you rubbish home!
- For quality control of our fish we strongly recommend you only use bait from our shop.