Fishing is flying at Lochmahon Lakes. The fly lake was stocked with 120 Rainbows averaging 8/9 lbs in 2018, recently we added a further 70 4Lb to 5Lb rainbows, super fish in great condition, in addition the fly angler can avail of fly fishing on the Carp lake. The bait lake is well stocked with both Trout, and Carp, The back lake is now stocked with Carp, Tench, Rudd and Roach for the coarse angler. The specimen Carp lake was stocked 3 years ago and was left to mature, there are now Carp up to 20Ibs and 2019 seen the introduction of additional stock from 4 to 11Lbs. we also introduced to the tackle shop a range of “Dynamite baits” and tackle from Korum, Fox, Tubertini, Preston Innovations, and Airflo good fishing for everyone at Lochmahon.
Carp Lake Fishing Rules
- All species of fish are strictly catch and release only.
- Keep within your designated swim area.
- Vacate your peg promptly by the designated time.
- Day 10 am. to 8 pm. Night 8 pm to 10 am.
- No homemade method mix, bait or bread.
- No keepnets, barbless hooks only.
- Unhooking mats must be used: available to rent if required.
- Night fishing: Low lum lights only, no loud talking, music or noise. Quiet please…
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please leave the lake clean and tidy
- Map of swims and peg numbers below —–